In honor of the 54th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots – June 28th, 1969 – Duck Prints Press is thrilled to share with you how we’re celebrating Pride Month: with queer stories, of course!
Introducing our Pride 2023 Bundles: two collections of short stories, one general imprint, one erotica, each priced at a discounted $19.69, with all purchases benefiting two wonderful queer charities selected by the authors of the stories in the bundles: The Ali Forney Center and the Transgender Law Center.
We’ll be donating roughly 35% of the proceeds from these bundles to charity – the Press is donating 10% off the top, and many of the authors chose to donate part of their royalties as well, bringing the totals to approximately 40% of the list price of the erotica collection and approximately 35% of the list price of the general imprint collection.
How This Works
- you buy one or both bundles between now and July 28th, 2023.
- we tally up all the proceeds earned and do some math-e-magic to figure out how much we’re donating!
- we divide the charity share in half right down the middle and, within the first week of August, we donate raised money to the Ali Forney Center and the Transgender Law Center; then, we post the proof we’ve done so.
- you get fantastic stories!
- we all get that happy, glowy feeling of knowing that money has been well-spent on fantastic causes!
About the Press
Duck Prints Press is a queer-owned indie press, founded to publish original works by fancreators. We’ve been in operation for over 2 years, and in that time we’ve worked with well over 150 creators to publish four anthologies and almost 70 other stories, from shorts to novels, and we’ve got more on the works (our fifth anthology is Kickstarting RIGHT NOW, as a matter of fact!). The vast majority of our creators and their creations are queer/LGTBQIA+ (maybe even all, but we don’t out anyone and we don’t ask demography because, frankly, it’s none of our business).
20 of our authors have chosen to include their short stories in one or both of these short story bundles, and these 20 and others nominated charities, then voted to narrow it down to these two! Participation in these bundles was entirely voluntarily, as was choosing to donate shares of royalties, which about a third of the authors have opted to do.
About the Charities
Note: These charities are not affiliated with the Press, do not know we’re doing this fundraiser, have not endorsed this in anyway and are, as such, utterly uninvolved in this beyond being the beneficiaries of our efforts! Text is from the websites of each charity and is being used under fair use laws.
The Ali Forney Center was founded in 2002. Committed to saving the lives of LGBTQ+ young people, our mission is to protect them from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to live independently. A 24-hour program, The Ali Forney Center never closes its doors. We provide more than just a bed and food for those in need — from initial intake at our drop-in center to transitional housing and job readiness training, we provide homeless LGBTQ+ youth a safe, warm, supportive environment to escape the streets [of New York City].
Transgender Law Center is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. Since 2002 we’ve been organizing, assisting, informing and empowering thousands of individual community members towards a long-term, national, trans-led movement for liberation.
About the Bundles
We’re offering two bundles: one containing 14 stories from our general imprint, the other containing 11 stories from our erotica imprint. For all the deets, you’ll need to visit the page for each story, but here’s an overview…
Titles in the General Imprint Charity Bundle:
- A Mutual Interest by Alec J. Marsh
- The Problem with Wishes by Annabeth Lynch
- Let the Solstice Come by D. V. Morse
- Warmer Lights by Era J. M. Couts
- An Odd Gathering of Peculiar Cats by J. D. Harlock
- Dead Man’s Bells by Nicola Kapron
- Widow’s Black by Nina Waters
- twin flames by nottesilhouette
- A Shield for the People by Puck Malamud
- Much Ruckus by R. L. Houck
- Bubble, Bubble by Sage Mooreland
- Settling Down by Theresa Tanner
- Best Friends AND… by Tris Lawrence
- To Fill My Cup by Violet J. Hayes
Approximately 35% of the $19.69 list price of this bundle will go to the charities.
Titles in the Erotica Imprint Charity Bundle:
- Pas de Deux by Aeryn Jemariel Knox
- Study Hall by Alec J. Marsh
- A Safe Place to Land by boneturtle
- Clerical Error by Dei Walker
- In the Moonlight by E. V. Dean
- We All Need to Get By by Lyn Weaver
- The Fated Prince by Mikki Madison
- Lust by Nina Waters
- No One Right Way by R. L. Houck
- Easier Than Expected by Samantha M. Piper
- Urchin Juiced by Xianyu Zhou
Approximately 40% of the $19.69 list price of this bundle will go to the charities.