Did you know that our Patreon backers get a lot of exclusive blog content? We post multiple times a week to our Patreon blog, sharing teasers, art previews, behind-the-scenes glimpses, extra information on our financials and expenses, opportunities to participate in votes that determine the types of content we create, exclusive fluffy short stories, exclusive slightly-longer erotica stories, 24/7 “AMA” for the DPP management team, and more! Further, to make sure that we’re always transparent about how much work we’re doing and how we spend our working time, we also post a Weekly Business Update every Friday, giving a synopsis of all the progress we’ve made in the previous week.
And now, all this and more is available to monthly backers on ko-fi, too!
We know that not everyone uses Patreon, and often people don’t want to have accounts on multiple websites, especially when those websites involve spending money monthly. We never want anyone to feel they have to join Patreon just to get access, so now we’ll be cross-posting all our exclusive backer content to both Patreon and ko-fi! For features such as surveys, which Patreon offers through internal functionality but ko-fi doesn’t, we’ll now list the surveys through a third-party website (probably Google Forms, for now) to make sure that all our supporters, regardless of platform, get a say!
What does backing us get you?
I’m so glad you asked! We offer 4 backer levels, each building on the previous.
Mallard Duck Backers: $3/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- access to our backer-exclusive blog, featuring business updates, teasers, works-in-progress, art sneak peeks, and more
- one free short story per month, up to 2,500 words, written by one of our authors, rated gen or teen (usually, these stories are fluff).
- voting rights on polls that determine anthology themes
- access to the Duck Prints Press Discord
- optional inclusion on our Supporter List
Muscovy Duck Backers: $5/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- everything that Mallard Ducks get, plus…
- ask us anything! leave us a comment or send us a message with a question about what makes Duck Prints Press tick, and get the inside scoop written just for you (and our other backers…)
- complimentary copies of any works of fiction under 1,000 words long that Duck Prints Press publishes
- nominate themes for blog posts, prompt lists, short stories, and more
- voting rights on surveys to determine the monthly 2,500 short story, themes for blog posts, etc.
Canvasback Duck Backers: $10/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- everything that Muscovy Ducks get, plus…
- a backer-exclusive extra reward for backers who also support our crowdfunding campaigns
- one free erotica story per month, up to 5,000 words, written by our authors, rated M or E
- one free e-book from our catalog each month
- voting rights to determine the theme of the erotica story
Mandarin Duck Backers: $25/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- everything, yes everything, that Canvasback Ducks get, plus…
- a complimentary copy of all “flat” merchandise produced during our crowd-funding campaigns (for example, art prints, bookmarks, stickers, enamel pins, magnets, keychains) even if you do not back the campaign (if you DO back the campaign, and you choose a level that includes this merch, you’ll get 2 of everything!)
- a Duck Prints Press T-shirt (3 months backing required)
- two die-cut stickers per year, produced in June and November each year (1 month backing required)
- one merchandise item per year, distributed annually in August (last year it was two art prints!) (3 months backing required)
- optional inclusion on our Premium Support List, which is included in all our e-books and published in all our print books!
As you can see, we have a whole lot to offer! And, supporting Duck Prints Press monthly helps us maximize the amount we can pay our creators – our monthly crowdfunding supports our software expenses, consulting costs, professional/legal services as need needed, supplies and hardware, and more. Our goal is to have our Patreon + ko-fi support total enough that it covers all our overhead each month! This would enable us to pay authors 90% royalties (we’re currently paying 75%), and we’d be able to afford to pay the authors who do the backer short stories (they get edited for free and the story rights revert to them in six months, so they don’t get nothing, but we’d love to offer cash-in-hand), and produce more merchandise, and raise the hourly pay for our staff, and I (the owner) might be able to take a paycheck someday, and, and, and. There’s so much we’ll be adding as we grow, and we’d love you to contribute to making that happen!
Do you love queer creators? Do you love queer stories and art? Do you want to support fanfiction authors pursuing their dreams of publishing their original stories?
This is your moment!
Support Duck Prints Press monthly on Patreon or ko-fi, and help us grow!
(want to support us with money, but not monthly? You can always buy us a one-time ko-fi, or check out our shop, featuring our currently available book titles and our merch!)