With the Kickstarter for “Add Magic to Taste” now finished, and the Kickstarter for our second anthology, “And Seek (Not) to Alter Me,” gearing up to launch in the mid to late fall, we at Duck Prints Press are starting to look forward to what our next big project will be!
Some decisions, we’ve already made:
- We’ll be launching anthologies 3 and 4 simultaneously, with a projected Kickstarter campaign in May or June of 2022. The two anthologies will each have the same theme; the difference is – one will be ONLY wlw stories, the other ONLY mlm stories (both will include any genderqueer folk who would consider themselves as falling under the umbrella of wlw or mlm; both will include poly).
- We’ll be opening applications likely in October or November (our first call for applicants since last winter!) We will, as always, be open to applicants who are fanfiction authors interested in publishing their original work.
- Every story, regardless of our theme, must have a “happily ever after” or “happily for now” ending. (HEA/HFN guaranteed!)
Some decisions, we’ve not yet made:
- How many authors will be in each anthology
- How long each story will be
- How we’ll handle returning authors/authors who’ve already worked with us and want to do so again
- Probably plenty of other stuff we haven’t thought of.
But ONE BIG DECISION, YOU CAN HELP US MAKE!
Which decision is that, did I hear you ask?
What will the theme of our next anthologies be?
Our Management team has brainstormed for the last two weeks and settled on a list of seven potential themes!
Those themes are:
- Solarpunk in modern, utopian, and science fiction settings
- Hurt/comfort in science fiction settings
- Robot uprisings in any setting
- Masquerades in any setting
- Love in the public eye (as in, celebrities, politicians, athletes, etc.) in any setting
- Love across time (as in, time travel, dimension hopping, etc.) in any setting
- Trapped together in science fiction settings
Do you want to help us pick between these seven themes, and have a say in what mlm and wlw stories are written in our next collections?
Well, you can! How?
Kickstarter support enables us to publish books, but Patreon support enables us to continue operation long term. Money from our Patreon pays for monthly fees on software we use, hourly rates on consultants we hire, legal advice, and more. The more we’re able to raise through our Patreon, the more we’re able to pay to authors, artists, and other contributing creators when we do Kickstarters – because our overhead is getting covered by the Patreon support! We offer four backer levels – $3 per month, $5 per month, $10 per month, and $25 per month. All our Patrons get awesome extras – the higher your backing, the more you get:
- exclusive stories!
- bonus merchandise!
- access to our Discord!
- free books!
- voting rights on surveys to determine our anthology themes!
- and more!
So, if you want to help Duck Prints Press, and you want to get more involved, and you want to nudge us toward making the kinds of books you most want to read?