Read About the Latest from Duck Prints Press!
Welcome to the May edition of the Duck Prints Press newsletter! Want to keep up with the latest? Read on…
Kickstarter for And Seek (Not) to Alter Me
We’re moving along on fulfillment for our most recently concluded crowdfunding campaign! Merchandise has been arriving, and we’re looking forward to distributing rewards to those who chose to back the campaign.
If you didn’t get the opportunity to back the campaign, we may have a little extra merchandise, but not much, so be on the alert for when we announce the extras sale. The e-book of And Seek (Not) to Alter Me: Queer Fanworks Inspired by William Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing” will be available on our website this summer!
Our Next Campaign: She Wears the Midnight Crown and He Bears the Cape of Stars
We’re just over a month away from the launch of our next crowdfunding campaign. Due to Kickstarter’s decision to work toward functioning on a blockchain model, we will no longer be launching campaigns with them; our next project will be launched on Seed & Spark, an up-and-coming crowdfunding platform focused on helping launch projects that involve telling stories.
She Wears the Midnight Crown and He Bears the Cape of Stars are two anthologies, each containing 18 all-new short stories related to masquerades. She Wears the Midnight Crown features stories about wlw characters; He Bears the Cape of Stars features stories about mlm characters. In line with Duck Prints Press’s core goal of telling all sorts of stories about characters from across the LGBTQIA+ spectrum, we encouraged contributors to write stories taking an expansive view of gender, sexuality, and relationship configurations to encompass many of the identities that full under the large umbrella of “women who love women” and “men who love men.” We’re working on editing the results now, and I guarantee: you’re not going to want to miss these two!
So, keep your eyes pealed, get your Seed & Spark account set up, and get ready for our 36 authors – some of whom have worked with us before, some of whom haven’t – to knock your socks off!
Coming Soon: Erotica from Duck Prints Press!
Duck Prints Press is thrilled to announce our new erotica imprint, Duxx Print Press: We Print Desire! We’ll be releasing our first title, a short story by author Aria D. Leren, by the end of May, and we’ve got more to come!
Interested? Then you have to act now! Getting further news about our erotica imprint, aside from this e-mail, is opt-in only! That means you will not get additional information about erotica news, publications, etc., as a subscriber to this mailing list: we know that people who signed up for these news blasts had no way of knowing when we’d be branching into erotica and may not have known we were planning to do so at all. We definitely do not want to drop e-mails about not-safe-for-work content to people who haven’t explicitly requested such information, so all additional news related to the erotica imprint will be shared solely on a new, separate mailing list.
If you’re interested in receiving e-mails related to erotica, you need to fill out this form. If you don’t want to receive e-mails related to erotica, don’t worry – after this e-mail, we won’t be mentioning it again in this general-interest newsletter!
The linked form also has options to sign up for our two other current mailing lists: calls for author contributors and calls for artist contributors.
Short Stories for Patreon and Ko-Fi Backers!
Printing costs are kept low, royalties to authors are maximized, and the Press is kept afloat by people who choose to support us monthly on Patreon and/or ko-fi! Backers get lots of extras: Discord chat access, exclusive stories, extras for backing our crowdfunding campaigns, and much more…
Mallard Duck Backers: $3/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- access to our backer-exclusive blog, featuring business updates, teasers, works-in-progress, art sneak peeks, and more
- one free short story per month, up to 2,500 words, written by one of our authors, rated gen or teen (usually, these stories are fluff).
- voting rights on polls that determine anthology themes
- access to the Duck Prints Press Discord
- optional inclusion on our Supporter List
Muscovy Duck Backers: $5/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- everything that Mallard Ducks get, plus…
- ask us anything! leave us a comment or send us a message with a question about what makes Duck Prints Press tick, and get the inside scoop written just for you (and our other backers…)
- complimentary copies of any works of fiction under 1,000 words long that Duck Prints Press publishes
- nominate themes for blog posts, prompt lists, short stories, and more
- voting rights on surveys to determine the monthly 2,500 short story, themes for blog posts, etc.
Canvasback Duck Backers: $10/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- everything that Muscovy Ducks get, plus…
- a backer-exclusive extra reward for backers who also support our crowdfunding campaigns
- one free erotica story per month, up to 5,000 words, written by our authors, rated M or E
- one free e-book from our catalog each month
- voting rights to determine the theme of the erotica story
Mandarin Duck Backers: $25/month on Patreon or ko-fi
- everything, yes everything, that Canvasback Ducks get, plus…
- a complimentary copy of all “flat” merchandise produced during our crowd-funding campaigns (for example, art prints, bookmarks, stickers, enamel pins, magnets, keychains) even if you do not back the campaign (if you DO back the campaign, and you choose a level that includes this merch, you’ll get 2 of everything!)
- a Duck Prints Press T-shirt (3 months backing required)
- two die-cut stickers per year, produced in June and November each year (1 month backing required)
- one merchandise item per year, distributed annually in August (last year it was two art prints!) (3 months backing required)
- optional inclusion on our Premium Support List, which is included in all our e-books and published in all our print books!
We’ve had a lot of exclusive stories coming out recently, so for some idea of what you’ve been missing if you’re not a backer…
Want to read these, and many other stories, right now?
As always, thank you so much for your support! We’ve got a lot in the works, and we’re excited to keep sharing with you what we’re working on as the Press continues to grow over the months and years to come.
Claire Houck, Owner, Duck Prints Press